W1 Professorship for Digital Humanities in the Study of Religion (with Tenure Track W2)
In particular, the aim is to further develop research questions of the Digital Humanities in relation to religion and to introduce the methods of the Digital Humanities into religious studies education.
The position is located at the Center for Religious Studies (CERES) at the Ruhr University Bochum, Germany. The position is tenure-track for appointment to a W2 professorship. If the final evaluation is positive (after six years), the appointment to a W2 position will be made without re-advertisement in an appropriately simplified appointment process. The subject-specific criteria for the evaluation of the professorship can be obtained from Dr. Tim Karis at email@example.com.
A very good doctorate as well as proof of special suitability for academic teaching are required, as is a willingness to participate in academic self-administration. The appointment requirements according to § 36 ff. Hochschulgesetz NRW must be fulfilled.
- PhD in Religious Studies, Digital Humanities, or another relevant humanities, cultural studies, or social science discipline;
- Proven experience in the application of procedures and methods of digital information processing for dealing with research questions in the humanities and cultural sciences;
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary scholarly work within the framework of religion-related collaborative research projects, especially the ongoing CRC “Metaphors of Religion”;
- Willingness and ability to acquire third-party funding;
- high commitment to teaching;
- very good command of written and spoken English.
- Proven interest in religion-related research questions, ideally with a publication record;
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaborative research;
- Experience working with non-European languages and/or historical developmental stages of European languages.
Applications, quoting ANR 2526, with supporting documentation in a single PDF file (cover letter, academic record, copies of transcripts/certificates, list of publications, evidence of particular aptitude for academic teaching, list of courses, presentation of a decided research and teaching concept (approx. 3 pages), listing of own third-party funding) are requested by Jan. 31, 2024, to the CERES Managing Director Science & Research, Dr. Tim Karis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The job advertisement can also be found (in German) on the RUB job portal at https://jobs.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/.